Thursday, April 23, 2009

Draft Night - Not All It's Cracked Up To Be

Well, the draft occurred tonight without me. Thank the good Lord above for my assistant coach. He just happened to show up, and that may have saved the season. I did not tell him about not letting them tear up our team because I was under the assumption that the issue was settled. My bad.

The first act, was to take two brothers whose dad does not approve of me and move them to another team. The LL guidelines state that kids can be traded, not taken, and that can be done after the draft. These two were basically replace with two kids with no experience.

A third kid (a relative of the brothers) wants to be on the same team as the brothers. We'll see what happens because we won't let him go for nothing.

There are a few kids that my assistant really likes, so we shall see what happens. Hopefully the weather will give us some time to practice.

No comments: