Saturday, April 25, 2009

First Practice and Some Justice

Only about half of the kids showed up for practice, but we picked up two really promising kids. The biggest thing was that we completed the trade for the kid we wanted.

We told the league that we would trade the third kid for a specific player on the other team. As expected, they said no and that we could have a different kid who was wheelchair bound and couldn't see out of his left eye (yes, I'm joking). My assistant and I talked about it and both agree that we were getting jobbed, and he was thinking about moving his son up to the next league. I ran into the league prez at practice and told him that we did not agree with their proposed trade. I explained our case and, by the time the practice was over, we had the player we wanted.

Baby steps. Baby steps.

No comments: