Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Love Irony!

Right up front, I think man-made global warming is a myth. However, I do think that there are cyclical changes that cause heating and cooling. Anyway, enough seriousness.

Some earth-loving geniuses down under decided to have a "Climate Torch Relay" in order to "focus even more attention on the impact and urgency of global warming". I'm sorry, but that just has fun written all over it. But, it gets so much better.

Here is the absolutely priceless event summary headline from the Aussie paper, Lithgow Mercury: "Too cold for global warming relay." Beautiful! Read the whole article here. I just love when this happens. Of course, not enough sense amongst all these people to either check the weather forecast or move it to a desert where there is at least a semblance of warmth? Either that or man up and absorb a little frostbite to prove your loyalty to your cause.

No comments: